Plough Leisure Caravan Park is conveniently located on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent. Whether you are looking for a trip to France either via the Euro Star from Folkestone or a ferry from the Port of Dover to a day sight seeing or a family day out then our loaction is a great base.
- The popular seaside town of Leysdown offers sandy beaches and amusement arcades. Why not treat yourself to some doughnuts or a Fish and Chip supper.
- If nature takes your fancy then Elmley National Nature Reserve is where you should be heading. The meadows and waterways are home to a number of birds, insects, mammals,l izards and amphibians. Amazing sun rises and sunsets also provide a great photo oppertunity. It is advisable to contact the reserve before visiting due to any restrictions that may be in place.
- Why not visit the 40 acre site of Bartons Point Coastal Park. A salt water lake, a section of Sheppeys cycle route and a vast open space allows for lots of outdoor activities. From flying kites to walks in the vast green fields to themed open days and fun fairs you can be sure to enjoy a summers day here. There is also a childrens play area and a cafe and picnic area. Be sure to take some extra bread to feed the resident ducks and swans that can be found on the lake.
Other Kent attractions:
- Appprox 40 minute drive from our park is the city of Canterbury. Whether its a bite to eat, a shopping spree or an oppertunity to brush up on your history then Canterbury is a great place to visit. Be sure not to miss seeing the Canterbury Tales and the magnificant Canterbury Cathedral. Then finish your day off with a relaxing guided river tour of the River Stour.
- Wild animals can be found at both Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Wild Animal Experience.Both parks are home to a number of animals incuding Gorillas, Lions, Elephants and Rhinos plus many more. Also at Howletts Wild Animal Park is the tree top challenge which features high ropes and challenging obstacles.
- If you would like to discover Kents rural heritage then Kent Life is worth a visit. At Kent Life you can see,feed and cuddle animals, ride on tractors, experience Kents rural traditions and the children can let off some steam in the designated play areas. There are also themed days so checking their website for activities is advisable.
Brochures on all these attractions and more can be found in Plough Leisure Caravan Park office.